Consigning at Childish Things
Brands We Love
Lilly Pulitzer ~ Tea Collection ~ Mini Boden ~ Hanna Andersson ~ Matilda Jane ~ Kissy Kissy ~ Kickee Pants ~ Justice ~ Naartjie ~ Under Armour ~ REI ~ Patagonia ~ Peek ~ Oilily ~ Splendid ~ Ivivva ~ Jelly the Pug ~ Kate Quinn ~ Crew Cuts ~ Plae ~ See Kai Run ~ Keen ~ Lelli Kelly ~ Rosie Pope ~ Olian ~ Seraphine ~ Boob
1. Freshly Laundered
2. Folded - No Plastic Bags Please!
3. Free of Stains and Holes
4. Seasonal Clothing
5. Under 12 months boutique brands only
6. Name Brands
7. Current Styles
8. Equipment cleaned and has all pieces
The Fine Print...
Consigning at Childish Things is quite easy. We take consignments Monday through Saturday, from 10 am to 5 pm. There is never an appointment needed, however, it's good to call ahead on larger items to ensure we have the space for them.
We keep your items on consignment for approximately 2 months. You receive 40% of the final selling price of the item, and if an item sells for $100 or more, you get 50%. You are welcome to come pick up money any day that we are open. You can choose to use your money in the store as store credit, or you can pick up cash or a check.
We accept children's clothing from size newborn to size 10. We also accept maternity wear, women's shoes and purses. Clothing must be current styles, generally purchased new within the last 4 years.
We have listed below guidelines to help you prepare your items for consignment--items that display best will sell best.
1. All items must be completely free of stains, have no rips or tears and have been freshly laundered within one week of being consigned.
2. All children's items must be folded neatly into a paper bag or cardboard box. PLEASE NO PLASTIC BAGS.
3. Infant wear under size 12 months should be either New with Tags, or very high end brands.
4. All maternity items should be pressed and on hangers. We will give your hangers back to you if you wish.
5. We accept only better name brand and high end clothing. This includes brands such as Gap, Gymboree, Carter's, Sweet Potato's, Baby Lulu, Oilily and Charlie Rocket, among others.
6. Toys and other non-clothing items should be clean and in complete working order. All pieces and working batteries must be present.
7. All items must meet today's safety standards. We will give back to you any items which are recalled.
We thank you for your interest in consigning at Childish Things, and look forward to helping you sell your merchandise soon.
Below is a list of the brands we do not accept. These are mostly brands from Target, WalMart, KMart and Kohls. While we try to keep this list updated, it is possible there will be a brand that isn't listed. You may pick up a printed list of the following brands at Childish Things.
New Additions Maternity
Rumor Has It
Steve & Barry’s
St. John’s Bay
Surprize by Stride Rite
In Due time
Just my Size
Just one year
Just one you
Levi Strauss Signature
Liz Lange -Target
Mary Kate and Ashley
Abercrombie Med & Lg
A New Day
Baby and me
Baby's R Us
Cat & Jack
Child of mine
Croft & Barrow
Dream Out Loud